Friday, April 13, 2012

http://www.fuelyourwriting.com/10-tips-for-writing-fanfiction/

This website is called Fuel for Writing.  This page is an excellent source of information if you have ever thought of writing any of your own fan fiction. The writer goes on to give tips on how to write good fan fiction, how to rate your fan fiction (ratings are important so that they younger people who read fan fiction do not get more than they bargained for!), and how you may feel about the praise or criticism you may receive from readers. I am not a fan fiction writer and I never knew anything like fan fiction existed until I took this course!

I peeked at a Hunger Games fan fiction site and was astonished to find 13,945 fan fiction entries on just one site! I looked a couple of the entries however, not having finished the final book of the Hunger Games, I will return after I know how the story ends to read some of the  fan fiction stories. I can see how, after a series is over, that a fan could hunger for more story; more story that the original writer never intended on adding to the series. This is where fan fiction comes in! One can immerse themselves in hundreds and thousands of fan fiction stories about their favorite characters or other characters and still enjoy the story line.

I personally find fan fiction an interesting outlet for writers young and old! And there was not gender placed on who can write fan fiction in the article. Check this out if you think you might want to indulge in fan fiction! Or maybe you already do!

No comments:

Post a Comment