Tuesday, April 5, 2011

CamGirls- true entertainment

I believe Camgirls have taken the idea of having a unique internet identity and then they pushed it to the limit. The examples and stories recorded in the book simply exaggerate what every girl tries to do behind her computer screen when she shapes her own e-persona and displays it to others via internet. Every one of these camgirls amazed me by their willingness to display their lives on the internet for basically anyone to see. One on hand, I wonder that if I had the courage and bravery to do the same thing, would I take the risk of being judged and critisized? For these girls, they seem to think the pros outweigh the cons.
Although I cant help but think these girls may have minor underlying issues such as low-self esteem or a narcissistic persona- can there really be harm in using a computer and a camera as a source of therapy? If you take a good look at what is really going on in American culture- from the corrupt efforts of our government to drug users and other extreme criminals, these girls arent doing anything wrong and why should we put out all of our energy to talk about their choices as long as they arent hurting anybody.
I have to say that at first glance the role that camgirls play be easily exploited, but after reading this book I realize that they are okay with whatever it is their viewers and fans get from seeing them live. If the participants are okay with it, then let them be. I believe this scenario is a new age form of self-expression and creativity. I would never be able to be a camgirl, but I am amazed by their lifestyles and risky actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment