Saturday, April 2, 2011

Camgirls Discussion

Camgirls brought me to a place that was unexpected and new.  As I have said throughout this semester, I am not very familiar with the digital literacy component in this course.  As the semester has gone by I have found myself learning new things that I will be able to use in the future.  Before this book I knew a small amount about "digital drag".  I knew that people used new tools that were available to talk over webs with people that they were close to like family and friends but I never knew that people disguised themselves as someone different.  At least  that is what I gathered from the book.  I learned that these people online actually feel as they know each other but in reality they know nothing at all.  I see how this may be something that women do to satisfy the person on the other end but in reality are they feeling whole as a person or does this make them feel more guilty?  Do they feel like they are missing something or wanting something more when the computer is turned off?  To me I would think that this lifestyle could be detrimental to all parties involved and it can certainly be to the person on the other end that is getting false interpretations of these women.  In my opinion, I think these things are just another way to lure predators, female and male, into people's lives that are unaware and possibly lost, just looking for companionship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment