Saturday, January 28, 2012

Inspired By GIrls Make Media

Whilst reading Girls Make Media (Kearney, 2006) I became intrigued by the free web-authoring programs. One such program is Angelfire. Although I have not created a website yet I was absolutely fascinated by the idea of creating a "rough" web page. I have found that much of Kearney's findings seem to be true within myself. I have never been interested in HTML or creating source pages; however, possibly through this site I can learn to build a page to represent a cause (or even just for fun!).


http://angelfire.lycos.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi Oriana,
    I was also inspired! I've never even thought of setting up a website before, but now I'm excited to try. I'm going to set-up one for my service project for a group that my daughter works with at her school. She's a teacher and works with at-risk girls. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way as the two of you! Prior to reading the chapter I was deciding on how to present my digital autobiography and my sister suggested making a website. After reading the Cybergurls chapter I definitely am making one! I am a big fan of Google products and they have some templates for making a site as well. At one point in my life I learned the basics of HTML, but not only am I rusty and my knowledge antiquated, I simply do not have any more time to learn something else right now...lol! So the template route seems to make sense :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is how I got my start in web design, but making an angelcity website. If you want to make your own images or edit photographs to upload, but don't want to have to pay Photoshop prices, look into GIMP - it's opensource and free!

    ~Tabatha

    ReplyDelete